Thursday, June 9, 2011

Because of His Love

Jesus You endured my pain
Saviour You bore all my shame
All because of Your Love
Maker of the universe
Broken for the sins of the earth
All because of Your love
All because of Your love

Because of Your cross
My debt is paid
Because of Your blood my sins are washed away
Now all of my life I freely give
Because of Your love
Because of Your love I live

Innocent and Holy King
Died to set the captive free
All because of Your love
Lord You gave Your life for me
So I will live my life for You
All because of Your love
All because of Your love

Because of Your cross
My debt is paid
Because of Your blood my sins are washed away
Now all of my life I freely give
Because of Your love
Because of Your love I live

You did it for me
You did it for love
It's Your victory
Jesus you are enough

You did it for me
You did it for love
It's Your victory
Jesus You are enough

You did it for me
You did it for love
It's Your victory
Jesus You are enough

Because of Your cross
My debt is paid
Because of Your blood my sins are washed away
Now all of my life I freely give
Because of Your love
Because of Your love I live








What a day! The lyrics above are from Phil Wickam's song Because of Your Love, which I was listening to on my way to my day camp site this morning. This week I've been serving at Loraley park with my awesome youth team from Dawson Street Baptist Church in Thomasville, GA. The first day, we were all blown away by the knowledge of the kids in attendance, especially one 7 year old boy, Cole. The team I had, team beta, was such a neat group. They realized the first day didn't go as hot as it could have, and they went home and thought about ways to make it better. Each day got better and better. Yesterday, I went a little early and spent some time praying over our site, and God just blew my mind in the big way He answered today! As I mentioned, my day started out with worship, beginning with the song mentioned above, and God continued to reign down all the rest of the day. I got to witness my youth team's leader, Johnathan, pray the prayer of salvation with our little Cole, and other members of the team also had the opportunity to share with some of our other little ones. It was a beautiful thing. This evening we were supposed to have a family evening program, but it got rained out. My team and I went to hang out with the youth anyway, and as we began to worship with them God showed up in a big way touching every single life in that room tonight. Those kids were broken and yielding their lives to God, and my prayer is that each one of us who was in that room who had the privilege to sit at the very feet of Jesus tonight will not walk away unchanged. We cannot experience Jesus in such a way and walk away unaffected and unwilling to live our lives differently. I pray that a revival will start with each of us and spread from us to the lives we touch around us; that those kids will go home and live the lives God has called to live. Pray with me that if God is going to start the summer out with such a big bang, that we can expect Him to continue working and moving in big ways all summer. My mind is just blown away by the way I've seen God today...

Walking with Him each step of the way
NewReleaseTuesday.com on Twitter NewReleaseTuesday.com On MySpace NewReleaseTuesday.com On FaceBook NewReleaseTuesday.com On YouTube
ADVERTISEMENT


New From John Waller - As For Me And My House - Available Now



Icon

No comments:

Post a Comment