Saturday, June 25, 2011

Speechless and in awe

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[CHORUS]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[REPEAT CHORUS 2x]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay



This was the first song I heard on my way to work one day this week right after receiving some really interesting news, and described how I was feeling perfectly. You see, this week was supposed to be one of our most relaxed weeks, and instead it started off with a bang, the same way that last week ended. Last week ended with sad news from back home and a circumstance at work I could have done with out, of which I believe will serve its own purpose, if only to endear the Damron's to me even more. With the news from home, it was hard this week, knowing my family could use my help, and I wasn't there to give it. This week has given me much to think about and taught me some things about myself as well.  Our ministry this week was with a family group. With this group, Colton, Matt, and I led a daycamp. As much as I enjoyed getting to know this family and working with them, through my time with them, I learned some important lessons about myself. There was one incident in particular this week that upset me a little, mostly with myself for not being capable of being disciplinarian/firm enough. From this, I learned again this is a weakness of mine that I would like to work on this summer.

In addition to these things, I received some exciting job opportunities this week to consider for the fall, all the while knowing I have a job and family to return home to. I'm not sure where all these developments are going to lead me to, but I'm now standing at a place with many choices in the road, and faced with the decision of which one to choose...an extremely tough decision for sure. So if you can all be praying for what God would have me to do I would appreciate that a great deal. I'm not worried, because God always sees fit to give me a word from Him just when I most need it, and I've seen His hand all over the place this week. I know it's all in His hands, and just in case I had any doubts, on Wednesday I read this right in the midst of learning all the options available to me for the future (based on Jeremiah 29:11-13): "Do you love Christ? Do you long to please Him with all your heart? Then remember this: God's delays aren't God's denials. He has you in a holding pattern for His holy purpose. God is preparing something wonderful for you. He doesn't want you to settle for something less than the optimum for your life and work" (Taken from Adrian Rodgers). I feel as if perhaps I'm starting to come out of the holding pattern, and God is beginning to show me what that "something wonderful" is that He has planned for me. In addition, my dear friend asked me a very pointed question this week. She said, "Do you serve a small God, Joanna?" Such a great reminder! No, I most certainly don't. All these things serve to remind me not to worry, God's got it all in control. And although the future after this summer is fuzzier than ever all of a sudden, I know it's going to be far better than I can even ask or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment