God has been showing me in the last week how to look at things through His eyes, and I'm starting to find a heart that looks upon the people around me in America that makes me want to get on my knees in prayer for so many things. My team mates and I listened to a sermon on Anguish by Pastor David Wilkerson. The mindset is just so different from the way we do things, but I realized I don't want to just be concerned for the people around me. I want to put some action and prayer behind those concerns. This was all sparked by those crazy kids from Dawson Street who could go from sandwich hugging after river clean up to make sure I was good and wet on to an awesome time of worship later that evening and who then surrounded me with so much love when it was time to say good-bye.
This week has been interesting as well as my team and I led our own day camp, and getting to see God answer prayer through allowing plans to flow smoothly together and bringing us children to share with. Also this week, it has been neat to see, in the little time I got to spend with the youth group from Friendship Baptist, how willing they are to share the gospel. They're not afraid, just like Joshua 1:9 tells us not to be. And through their dramas, I was reminded again how important it is to be the hands and feet of Jesus, especially with their signing to the song from Third Day about God giving rest for the weary, hope for the hopeless, love for the broken heart, mercy and healing, He'll meet us wherever we are. I don't know what all this means for my future, but as God spoke to me in quiet time this week from Exodus 13 reminding how often I complain/worry about my circumstances, not understanding what is going on behind the scenes, when all the while God's hand of mercy and grace is protecting me and guiding me. So I'm trying to be thankful for delays and waiting, and trying to trust Him for His timing, all the while keeping focus to serve as I go.
This whole experience has been such a blessing. It's interesting how you think you go to do missions to serve others and end up being so blessed beyond measure in the process.
Continue to pray for us as we reach out each week. Lives are being touched and changed through the work God is doing. I pray that God will use my team to impact Helen, GA in such a way that it will never be the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment